The Anaglyph is a fun and easy effect to create in Photoshop. In this tutorial we’re going to create this effect and experiment with it. This effect is applicable to photos and drawings.
The Anaglyph Effect.
The creation of the Anaglyph Effect in Photoshop is quite simple and can be done in two different ways:
- Duplicate your photo 2 times:
- Name the top duplicate ‘Blue‘ and the second ‘Red‘
- Select the Blue layer and go to Layer Style and Blending Option: uncheck the Red channel.
- Move this layer to the right (I did 10 times)
- Select the Red layer and uncheck the Green channel this time.
- Move this layer to the left (same amount as the Blue layer)
- Duplicate the photo 1 time:
- Go to Layer Style and Blending Options: unchech both the blue and green channels. So now you have a red copy of yout photo.
- Move this duplicate to the left (the more stept you move the photo, the stronger the effect gets)
This is now your basic Anaglyph Effect.
Extra Effect: Noise
A fun extra effect to apply on top of the Anaglyph is a Noise layer:
- Create a new layer
- Fill the layer with black
- Go to Effect: Noise: Add Noise:
- set the effect on: 102%, Gaussian and Monochromatic
- Set the Blending Mode to Screen and around 20% opacity.
Een gedachte over “Anaglyph Effect Part 1”